Dubai: Annual rent for some villas, flats exceeds Dh1 million amid demand – Alwast News

2 minutes, 19 seconds Read
image

Rents in Dubai have reached unprecedented heights, driven by a surge in demand for ultra-luxury properties.

Record-high rents in Dubai

In the first five months of 2024, there were 270 rental transactions where annual rents exceeded Dh1 million. This trend reflects Dubai’s continued allure for high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) from around the globe, who are increasingly choosing the emirate as their home.


Buy/sell, rent/lease residential &
commercials real estate properties.

Prime Locations for Luxury Rentals

A study conducted by the property brokerage firm Betterhomes highlighted that prime locations such as Palm Jumeirah, Mohammad bin Rashid City, and Dubai Hills Estate are at the forefront of the high-end market. These areas are renowned for their upscale amenities and prime real estate offerings, making them particularly attractive to affluent renters.

Within this luxury rental market, villas and townhouses accounted for 61 percent of the transactions, indicating a preference for spacious and private living environments. The remaining 39 percent of the luxury rentals were apartments, chosen for their prime locations and high-rise views. On average, luxury apartments are around 4,000 square feet, while villas and townhouses average approximately 6,300 square feet, catering to the desire for ample living space among the wealthy.

The influx of millionaires into Dubai is significant. According to the Henley Private Wealth Migration Report 2024 by Henley and Partners, the UAE is set to welcome over 6,700 new millionaires this year, marking the highest increase for the third consecutive year. Currently, the UAE is home to 116,500 millionaires with liquid investable wealth of $1 million or more, 308 centi-millionaires with assets exceeding $100 million, and 20 billionaires.

These affluent individuals are drawn to Dubai for several reasons, including the city’s reputation for safety and security, a world-class lifestyle, and excellent connectivity to various global cities. This trend is reflected in real estate investments as well. According to the latest Destination Dubai report by Knight Frank, Dubai was the top choice for real estate investments among global high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs) in 2023, with 67 percent of respondents favoring the emirate. This figure rose to 73 percent in 2024, underscoring Dubai’s enduring and growing appeal among the world’s wealthy.

The rising rents and high demand for luxury properties signify Dubai’s status as a premier destination for the world’s affluent. This trend not only boosts the local real estate market but also contributes to the broader economic landscape, reinforcing Dubai’s position as a global hub for luxury living and investment. As more HNWIs relocate to Dubai, the demand for high-end real estate is expected to continue its upward trajectory, further solidifying the emirate’s reputation as a desirable and secure place to live and invest.

The record-high rents and growing influx of millionaires highlight Dubai’s attractiveness as a prime location for luxury living. With its exceptional amenities, strategic location, and robust economic framework, Dubai remains a magnet for the world’s wealthy, promising sustained growth and development in its luxury real estate sector.

This post was originally published on 3rd party site mentioned on the title of this site

Similar Posts

X
0
    0
    Your Interest
    Your Interest List is emptyReturn to Buying
    ×